Beef Tapa is a big Filipino favorite in the Philippines and around the world. Tapa – Is a drying process meant for be for other meats besides beef and often include mutton, venison etc. but also includes fish.
Preparing Tapa of requires a bit of time as the meat is cured using salt and spices as of method of preserving it.
Tapa is best served fried or grilled, usually with rice, fried egg and pickled papaya strips (achara).
One of my personal favorites is Tap-si-log, a combination of Beef Tapa, Fried Rice (sinangag), and Egg (itlog). Numerous carinderias around the Philippines serve this delicious dish.
- 1/2 kilo beef sirloin – slice in thin strips
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clear plastic bag
- Combine the following ingredients; soy sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, and sugar and mix well – set aside.
- After mixing the ingredients place the beef in the clear plastic bag
- Pour the mixed seasonings in the plastic bag with meat and mix well.
- Refrigerate the marinade for approximately of 12 hours
To Cook the Beef Tapa:
- In a medium sized pan, add 2 cups of water – bring to a boil
- Add the marinated beef tapa and cook until the water evaporates
- Once the water evaporates completely – add 3 tbsp of cooking oil in pan – then fry the Tapa until done
- Serve with rice, topped with fried egg and sliced tomato
This recipe makes a serving size good for 4 to 6 people
Latest posts by Timothy Walker (see all)
- Fil-Am and American turn themselves in on drug run in US - November 7, 2017
- Philippines suspends Uber, Grab vehicle registrations as backlog mounts - November 7, 2017
- Mad, bad or misunderstood? What is Kim Jong Un really thinking? - August 28, 2017