The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a warning to the public on the purchase of certain unregistered food products.
FDA list of unregistered food products (Image from FDA)According to the FDA, it has been found that listed foods did not go through the FDA review, and therefore, they are not considered safe to eat.
FDA list of unregistered food products
1. CV CAMPVILLE’S Delicious Apas
2. CV CAMPVILLE’S Special Pinagong
3. NICEFOODS Orange Drops Soft Candy
4. CANDY BOY MOOOOO Sweetened Milk Powder
5. CANDY BOY MOOOOO Sweetened Milk Choco Powder
6. YAMY Spicy Peanut with Dilis
7. BIOMAGIC® Green Tea
8. SARIAYA BREAD HOUSE Puto Seko
9. CV CAMPVILLE’S Special Tikoy
10. HOME MADE Tamarind Spicy
11. W.L. SWEET DART Nester Chocolate Candy
12. W.L. SWEET DART Royal Orange Candy
13. MJ MAGIC Special Misua
14. MJ MAGIC Special Odong
15. CHUM SARDINES in Tomato Sauce with Chili
Republic Act No. 9711 Section 11 prohibits “the manufacture, importation, exportation, sale, offering for sale, distribution, transfer, non-consumer use, promotion, advertising, or sponsorship of any health product that is adulterated, unregistered or misbranded.”
In December 2019, the FDA also released a public warning against the purchase and consumption of over 30 food products, supplements, and vitamins.
According to the FDA, this includes tea, nuts, candy, juices, chocolates, vitamin C, glutathione, and collagen that are not FDA-registered.
FDA advises the public to look for the FDA registration number on the products’ label. If they can’t find those markings, consumers are urged to report the sale and distribution of those products to the FDA’s contact numbers 821-1176, 821-1177, 821-1162, and 821-1220 or at its website at https://ww2.fda.gov.ph/.