A father is arrested for raping his then 4-year-old daughter has been arrested after more than four years of hiding.
In a “Unang Balita” report on Thursday, the girl’s mother said the crime occurred in 2015 in Sta. Ana, Manila. Since then, the suspect has been hiding from the law.
According to the victim’s mother, the suspect had previously abused another relative, and that is why they separated.
She said her 4-year-old victim was left to her husband when she went away, but the suspect also abused their child.
The child allegedly complained to her grandmother about the pain in her genitals. And when experts examined the child, the child was found to be positively abused.
The suspect was immediately charged with rape but went on hiding.
The suspect was arrested in the town of Tanzan in the province of Cavite, according to the report.
The suspect, however, dismissed the allegation.
Also read: College student raped, killed by 14-year-old
Suspect for raping, killing child in Quezon found dead in jail cell
Police said the suspect for raping and killing an 8-year-old girl in Candelaria, Quezon, was found dead inside his jail cell on Wednesday.
Ricardo Burce, 55, has no pulse and no longer breathing when his fellow inmate tried to wake him up this morning. Candelaria police rushed him to the hospital, but he was pronounced dead on arrival.
No further details about the suspect’s death were released as of this writing.
Burce died the day after President Rodrigo Duterte reportedly ordered police to hunt down and neutralize an alleged “serial rapist” of children in Quezon.
“Hanapin nila kung sinuman ‘yan at huwag na nila buhayin (Find that person and don’t let that person live),” Duterte was quoted as saying in a Manila Bulletin report.