Don’t think for one minute that Spanish tortillas have anything in common with Mexican tortillas, they simply don’t. These outstanding dishes are an excellent way to give dinner that extra ‘wow’ factor.
For those wanting to add a bit of pizzazz, add chorizo, mushrooms, herbs and scallions – it’s bound to be a hit no matter who comes over.
Spanish tortillas always make a great first course to dinner – they are just as great as a lunch or light dinner, enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil – add a little additional if preferred
- 2 potatoes (about 12 ounces) – peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small Spanish chorizo sausage (about 2 ounces) – skinned and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 8 large eggs
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a 9- to 10-inch nonstick skillet
- Add the potatoes and chorizo and cook, covered, over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes – until the potatoes start browning and becoming tender
- Add the mushrooms, scallions, and garlic and sauté over high heat, uncovered, for about 2 minutes
- Set aside in the skillet
Preheat the broiler
Beat together the eggs, salt, pepper, and chives in a bowl
Add the eggs to the potatoes and cook over high heat, stirring with a fork, until the eggs are mostly set, about 1 minute – it’s perfectly okay if egg mixture is slightly wet.
Sprinkle the cheese over the tortilla and place the skillet under the hot broiler for about 2 minutes to set the top.
Slide the tortilla onto a plate – if sticking to pan, pour small amount of oil around it
(pour a little oil around it to release it if it sticks to the pan).
Cut into wedges and serve and enjoy
Like Us on Facebook