This is an easy recipe that anyone can whip up in a hurry.
If you want to add a little bit of “zing” to the recipe, just add jalapeño potato chips to a simple egg tortilla. The adding zing-factor not only gives it a little extra salty taste but a little bit of fire.
If leftover chips exist, serve them around the sides as an added little benefit.
Enjoying it any time of the day or night, it’s a perfect comfort food for Filipinos – enjoy!
Ham and Potato Chip Spanish Tortilla Recipe
- 1 dozen large eggs
- One 5-ounce bag jalapeño potato chips, lightly crushed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- One 1/2-pound ham steak, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 large scallions, sliced
- Preheat the broiler and position a rack 8 inches from the heat
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs – Add the potato chips and mash to break them up
- In a large ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil
- Add the diced ham and sliced scallions and cook over high heat for 1 minute
- Add the eggs and cook until set on the bottom and side, about 3 minutes
- Broil the tortilla for about 2 minutes, until the top is lightly browned and the eggs are set
- Slide the tortilla onto a plate, cut into wedges and serve.
Like Us on Facebook