“In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful, may peace, mercy and blessings be upon you all on the occasion of Ramadan,” the President said.
Ramadan is the holy month of worship, which starts April 23 until May 23, Saturday. Muslims all over the world keep Roza, which is a fast that is observed from sunrise to sunset.
“I join my Muslim brothers and sisters as they embark on a spiritual journey of reflection and contemplation. As you read the revelations of Allah with renewed dedication and vigor, may the sacred text inspire you to further lead a life of purity and clarity,” Duterte said.
“I likewise hope that your devotion and sacrifices will reaffirm your commitment to foster unity and solidarity among your fellowmen regardless of faith or creed,” he added.
The President also wished this “occasion give us peace amidst the adversity and challenges we face each day. As you embody the religious insights and epiphanies you have gleaned from this undertaking, may you be moved to advance our collective resolve to eschew misguided ideologies so that we may achieve a truly progressive and inclusive society.”
According to the Philippine Statistics Authority, the Muslim population of the Philippines in 2015 was 5.57%. However, a 2012 estimate by the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF) stated that there were 10.7 million Muslims or approximately 11 percent of the total population.
Also, the Muslim population is projected to add 1.3 million and lose 880,000 via switching, for a net gain of 420,000 between 2015 and 2020.
Ramadan 2020 wishes and messages
Here is a list of messages you can send to your friends and family during Ramadan from hindustantimes:
- As we see the crescent moon and Ramadan starts, may Allah bless you with happiness.
- May Allah fill your home with warmth and peace. Happy Ramadan!
- May Ramadan inspire you and provide you with the strength to overcome every challenge. Ramadan Kareem!
- May the spirit of Ramadan light up your soul. Happy Ramadan!
- May Allah’s greatness fill you with happiness and prosperity. Ramadan Mubarak!
- Here’s wishing you and your family, Ramzan Mubarak. May Allah be with you!