On Tuesday, some who went to the Manila Bay Dolomite Beach did not immediately know that children aged 11 and under are no longer allowed inside, so some still brought children with them.
In a report by Jonathan Andal on GMA News “Unang Balita,” it was said that even the beach guards were not immediately aware of the order, so children were still allowed inside when it opened at 5:30 am.
But around 6:00 am, the blockade began, and the children were not allowed in.
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) ordered the directive banning children from the beach.
On Monday, presidential spokesperson Harry Roque also reminded that children are only allowed to go out for “essentials” and are not allowed on outings.
At its Palace briefing on Tuesday, DENR Undersecretary Benny Antiporda clarified that children aged 11 are not allowed inside the beach, and 12-years-old and above are allowed.
“Nagkaroon ng confusion na sinasabing 12 years old and below, kasi ang pinagbasihan nila ay 12 years old up to 17 years old ay pinapayagan na po magbakuna ngayon,” he said.
“Ngayon, inaayos po namin itong impormasyon, 11 years old and below ang ipagbabawal po muna,” the official added.
Some Dolomite Beach visitors still bring children even though it was forbidden
On the other hand, police advised those who go to the beach with children to bring ID or proof that will prove the age of the children with them.
Antiporda said some of the changes that will be implemented on the beach are to limit people to stay for up to five minutes.
About 300 to 400 people will be allowed to set foot on the dolomite beach simultaneously.
The Dolomite Beach will also be closed from October 29 to November 3.
Last week, OCTA Research believed that the country is already winning the battle against COVID-19 because cases are declining.
This is allegedly due to the vaccination rollout, so they call for even if the quarantine classification is loose in an area, it must still adhere to the minimum health protocols.