The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) will provide an incentive to workers who have already completed two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
“Magstart itong incentives na ito sa July 1 para maengganyo ang ating mga workers na magpabakuna na,” said DOLE Secretary Silvestre Bello III.
In an interview with TeleRadyo, Bello said he has already allocated 2,000 bicycles and cellphones for workers who have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
“Pero, its not for him, hindi para sa kanya kasi ang programa na yan para sa mga informal sector. Ang mangyayari dyan kung ikaw ay worker, nabakunahan ka na, punta ka sa amin, you will tell us kung kanino namin ibibigay sa mga informal workers, let’s say meron kang kamag-anak na nagtitinda sa palengke, yun ang magiging benepisyaryo,” the DOLE chief explained.
Vaccination of economic frontliners under the A4 category has already begun.
According to government records on Sunday, 6.948 million COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered, of which about 1.89 million were given as second shots.
The complete list of the A4 priority group is as follows:
- commuter transport (land, air, and sea), including logistics
- public and private wet and dry market vendors
- frontline workers in groceries, supermarkets, delivery services
- workers in manufacturing for food, beverage, medical and pharmaceutical products
- frontline workers in food retail, including food service delivery
- frontline workers in private and government financial services
DOLE offers bicycles, cellphones offer to vaccinated workers
- frontline workers in hotels and accommodation establishments
- priests, rabbis, imams, and other religious leaders
- security guards/ personnel assigned in offices, agencies, and organizations identified in the list of priority industries/sectors
- frontline workers in private and government news media
- customer-facing personnel of telecoms, cable and internet service providers, electricity distribution and water distribution utilities
- frontline personnel in basic education and higher education institutions and agencies
- overseas Filipino workers, including those scheduled for deployment within two months
- frontline workers in law/justice, security, and social protection sectors
- frontline government workers engaged in the operations of government transport system, quarantine inspection; worker safety inspection, and other COVID-19 response activities
- frontline government workers in charge of tax collection, assessment of businesses for incentives, election, national ID, data collection personnel
- diplomatic community and Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) personnel in consular operations
- Department of Public Works and Highways personnel in charge of monitoring government infrastructure projects