DOLE-6 to provide P157-M cash aid for displaced workers

The Department of Labor and Employment in Western Visayas (DOLE-6) announced P157 million cash assistance would be provided for more displaced workers due to the COVID-19 pandemic under the Bayanihan to Recover as One Act (Bayanihan 2).

On Tuesday, DOLE-6 announced on its official Facebook page the steps on how qualified employees can avail of the PHP5,000 financial aid through the Covid-19 Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP).
Mary Agnes Capigon, DOLE-Negros Occidental Field Office head, told SunStar Bacolod that the Camp financial assistance was launched yesterday, November 3.
All applications would be processed and would prioritize establishments that did not cover the first implementation of CAMP this year.
Displaced workers need to apply through reports.dole.gov.ph, Capigo said, noting that it will again come first, first-served bases.
According to Department Order 218-2020, the program would benefit displaced workers, including probationary, project, seasonal, contractual, and casual employees during the pandemic.
It would cover private health institutions, culture and arts, creative industries but not limited to film and audiovisual workers, broadcast, construction, public transportation, trade and industries, cooperatives and other sectors of the economy as may be identified by DOLE.

DOLE-6 to provide P157-M cash aid for displaced workers

This time, CAMP will benefit micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) who applied for the program on or before April 15, 2020 but did not receive any cash assistance under Bayanihan 1.

It would also cover employees from other private establishments that are not categorized as MSMEs who applied for Camp on or before April 15, 2020, but did not receive any financial assistance under Bayanihan 1.

CAMP would also cater to MSMEs that will apply for the first time under Bayanihan 2 and other private establishments not categorized as MSMEs that apply for the first time under Bayanihan 2.

A one-time cash aid of P5,000 shall be given to affected workers in the private establishments regardless of whether they retrenched or temporarily laid-off.

DOLE previously halted accepting applications for cash assistance under Camp.

The agency said, “it has been swamped with volumes of requests that the available fund for the program amounting to P1.6 billion is very close to being depleted.”