What if we told you that you could be paid for traveling to different places and helping people? Many corporate jobs expect you to sit down in an office for nine hours straight but there are few that not only pay you well but also give you the freedom to move around.
One such job is that of pharmacy delivery drivers at CVS Pharmaceuticals. Pharmacy delivery drivers work to deliver essential medicines, drugs, and medical equipment to patients and hospitals.
The best part about the job is there are no technical skills or qualifications required for it. All you need is a great sense of responsibility and knowledge of your locality like the back of your hand. Let’s learn more about the job and how to apply for it.
Why You Should Work For CVS
CVS Pharmacy is a new-age health initiative that caters to the needs of patients by providing doorstep medication deliveries. The company has grown immensely over the past years and offers many development opportunities to its employees.
Working as a CVS pharmacy delivery driver has scope for expanding your career in minimum time. Delivery drivers who work diligently get promoted to the positions of foreman, warehouse manager, and transportation manager.
Thus, it will be a great start to your career in a premier innovative healthcare organization in the US.
What You Will Do As A CVS Pharmacy Delivery Driver
Your job as a delivery driver will be dynamic and will require effective time management on your part. The following are some key responsibilities of a delivery driver.
- Transporting medications and other store items to the patients safely and securely to avoid damage.
- Maintaining delivery reports as per CVS policies and procedures, including checking the recipient’s identity.
- Coordinating with pharmacy staff to ensure timely delivery to designated locations as requested by the patient.
- Reporting any problem to the management and maintaining the confidentiality of the customer.
- Keeping the company vehicle (if provided) clean and damage-free and reporting any mechanical issue to the pharmacy management.
- Showing great customer service and the ability to multitask and work under stringent deadlines.
Delivery drivers can choose to work either full time or part-time. The pharmacy staff determines the shifts based on the needs of the business.
The Eligibility Criteria For The Job
To be eligible for the job, you must meet the following criteria.
- You must have a valid and current driver’s license to work as a driver.
- Your driving record must be acceptable and there should be minimum charges or speeding tickets.
- A delivery driver should possess a friendly personality and have great communication skills.
- You should be able to communicate fluently in English, and knowledge of other local languages will be a plus point.
- One should be physically fit, active, and flexible as the work involves lifting and carrying heavy packages.
- CVS will require you to pass a drug screening, background check, and vehicle record review before joining as a driver.
How Much You Will Be Paid
On average, CVS pharmacy delivery drivers make $19 per hour in the US. The annual earning of CVS delivery drivers is around $30,000. The pay is more than what average delivery drivers get.
Additionally, the maintenance and fuel cost of the vehicle is not included in the pay and is borne by CVS. However, if the vehicle undergoes damage on account of the driver’s negligence, the company doesn’t pay for it.
How To Apply For The Position
You can apply online for the position of a driver by visiting the CVS health website. The entire assessment takes place online including document verification and interview. Keep your documents ready before applying to avoid any last-minute hassles.
After selection, you’ll undergo on-site training for one month under a qualified supervisor or experienced driver.
After completion of the training, you can start working independently to deliver services. In addition, if you need any assistance with an online application procedure, contact CVS support at 1-877-987-5352.
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for work, you may want to consider becoming a CVS Pharmacy delivery driver. So, if you are interested in this position, apply today!