COVID-19 testing conducted in QC after alleged protocol violation

The 2-day COVID-19 swab testing for the residents of Barangay Matandang Balara, City, began this Monday after the distribution of aid last week, where health protocols were allegedly ignored.

Up to 5 teams will conduct testing in the barangay from 9 am to 5 pm this Monday.

The local government of the city allegedly targeted 6,000 people to be swabbed.

According to Dr. Rolly Cruz, chief of the City Epidemiology Division, they will immediately send the results to the laboratory to find out who will test positive and contact tracing immediately.

The local government covered the testing for residents, which cost P3,000 each.

According to Cruz, the city’s COVID-19 response fund includes money for the of Matandang Balara residents.

One of those who lined up for testing was Mariel Caboboy, who wanted to make sure if she got sick, especially since the people in the queue failed to observe social distancing.

“Hindi ko pa masabi kung nahawa ako o hindi eh…. mas maganda na ‘yong sigurado,” sabi said Caboboy.

COVID-19 testing conducted in QC after alleged protocol violation

Meanwhile, for the City Police District (QCPD), city councilor Franz Pumaren-the organizer of the aid distribution-was acquitted of allegations that the distribution did not have proper coordination with the authorities.

According to the QCPD, the authorities who came to the distribution were complete with the police, Task Force Discipline, marshals, and ward leaders.

The City local government, barangays, and the city epidemiology and disease surveillance office have agreed to tighten the implementation of policies on community pantries and other aid distribution.

President Rodrigo Duterte had earlier ordered the police to arrest the chairpersons of barangays where he said there were violations of health protocol, such as mass gatherings.

The Department of Health (DOH) recorded 6,684 new infections of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Friday, bringing the total number of infections in the country to 1,230,301.

Meanwhile, the number of COVID-19 cases in Metro Manila, Rizal, Bulacan, Cavite, and Laguna continues to decrease, according to Vergeire. However, the decline of such infections in NCR Plus is said to be slowing down.

Visit our Facebook page for more news updates.