It is said that the total number of COVID-19 cases in Calabrazon is gradually decreasing, and at the same time, there is a decongestion of the hospitals there.
Calabarzon consists of Batangas, Cavite, Laguna, Quezon, and Rizal.
“Base sa mga natalang kaso nung June 8, makikita natin na unti-unting pababa ang kaso. Ngunit kailangan pa rin bantayan ito at patuloy na palalahanin ang ating mga kababayan ng minimum public health standards,” said Department of Health (DOH) Calabarzon-Center for Health Development OIC Dr. Paula Paz Sydiongco.
(Based on the recorded cases on June 8, we can see that the case is gradually declining. But it still needs to be guarded and continue to remind our countrymen of minimum public health standards.)
She added that only 55 percent of the hospitals are occupied and can still be considered “low risk.”
So far, she said, 30 percent of the capacity of government hospitals is allocated to COVID-19 cases while 20-percent to private hospitals.
COVID-19 cases in Calabarzon gradually declining: regional DOH
On Tuesday, there were more than 800 new COVID-19 cases in Calabarzon, but Sydiongco explained that most of them were from areas near Metro Manila.
Sydiongco, on the other hand, clarified that the case is high in Cavite due to the strengthened contact tracing in the province.
“Yung governor ay nagbigay ng quota para sa mga laboratories nito. Nag-increase na ito, dati-rati nasa 1.4 at ngayon at 1.8 na kami at sa Cavite almost na-attain na nila ang 1:15 na target natin,” said Sydiongco.
(The governor gave a quota for its laboratories. It has increased, previously it was 1.4, and now we are 1.8, and in Cavite, they have almost reached our 1:15 target.)
Meanwhile, the Department of Health (DOH) clarified Wednesday that Davao City is not the new “epicenter” of COVID-19 in the Philippines.
“Epicenter, in relation to epidemics, are interpreted by some to refer to an area as the source of the infection. It is also meant to connote the area as a hotspot for the infection,” she told reporters.