The COMELEC voter registration is only until today.
The Commission on Elections (COMELEC) reminded all unregistered voters that they only have until today to register.
The commission said they expect last-minute registrants who wish to participate in the 2022 local and national elections. COMELEC also said they will still accommodate those who would be queued (within the 30-meter radius of the election office) even after 3:00 p.m. tomorrow.
“The Comelec has anticipated this, and we are confident that our employees in the field are prepared to handle the last-day registration scenario,” Comelec spokesperson James Jimenez said in a statement.
“Applicants who are not present when their names are called shall no longer be allowed to file their application,” the COMELEC said.
They would also set-up a separate express lane for persons with disabilities (PWD), pregnant, and senior citizen registrants.
The two-month-long COMELEC voter registration started on August 1 which has 2,645,446 registered voters across the country as of September 21.
How to register to vote
Below is the COMELEC voter registration guide.
Qualifications to Register
For Barangay Elections:
- At least eighteen (18) years of age on or before May 11, 2020 elections;
- A resident of the Philippines for at least one (1) year and in the place wherein he/ she proposes to vote, for at least six (6) months immediately preceding the May 11, 2020 Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections; and
- Not otherwise disqualified by law.
Sangguniang Kabataan Elections:
- At least fifteen (15) but not more than thirty (30) years of age and a residing in the barangay for at least six (6) months on or before May 11, 2020 elections; and
- Registered voters as of May 13, 2019 elections shall not register anew.
First-time registrants who will register during the resumption of the system of registration of voters and who are eighteen (18) but not more than thirty (30) years old, shall be automatically included in the list of voters for the Katipunan ng Kabataan (KK).
May 9, 2022 National and Local Elections:
- At least eighteen (18) years of age on or before May 9, 2022 National and Local Elections;
- A resident of the Philippines for at least one (1) year and in the place wherein he/she proposes to vote, for at least six (6) months immediately preceding the May 9, 2022 National and Local Elections; and
- Not otherwise disqualified by law.
- Any person who has not reached the required voting age or period of residence on the day of registration but will possess such qualifications on or before the May 9, 2022 National and Local Elections, may register as a voter. However, the reception of their applications shall commence only on May 10, 2021 (at least one year prior to election day).
A person has to establish his (or her) identity upon filing his (or her) application. The following are valid identification documents:
- Employee’s identification card (ID), with the signature of the employer or authorized representative;
- Postal ID ;
- PWD Discount ID;
- Student’s ID or library card, signed by the school authority;
- Senior Citizen’s ID;
- Driver’s license;
- NBI clearance;
- SSS/GSIS ID;
- Integrated Bar of the Philippine (IBP) ID;
- License issued by the Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC);
- Certificate of Confirmation issued by the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples (NCIP) in case of members of ICCs or IPs; and
- Any other valid ID.
In the absence of any of the above-mentioned identification documents, the applicant may be identified under oath by any registered voter of the precinct where he/ she intends to be registered, or by any of his/her relatives within the fourth civil degree of consanguinity or affinity. No registered voter or relative shall be allowed to identify more than three (3) applicants.
Community Tax Certificates (cedula) and PNP clearance shall not be honored as valid identification documents for purposes of registration.
If the applicant fails to establish his/her identity by any of the aforementioned methods/documents, he/she shall not be issued an application form, nor shall his/her pre-accomplished application form be accepted.