The Commission on Human Rights (CHR) on Tuesday said it has created a team that would probe the case of two 15-year-old boys who were allegedly tortured and found dead in Tondo.
“We stress that all individuals have the right against cruel, inhumane, or degrading treatment or punishment, which vitiate the free will and dignity of the individual,” CHR spokesperson Jacqueline de Guia said in a statement.
“CHR condemns this incident and has deployed a Quick Response Team to investigate and ascertain the facts of the case,” she added.
The two victims were identified as Chormel and Carl Justine. Their body was found floating on Isla Puting Bato at the Parola Compound in Tondo last week.
The victims’ feet, hands, and heads were wrapped in tape. They were also stabbed in the head and body and had a cut on the neck. A smiley face was even drawn on one of the victim’s body using an ice pick.
Relatives said they could hardly recognize the two victims when they saw them at the morgue due to the injuries they sustained.
CHR to investigate torture, deaths of 2 teenage boys in Tondo
According to Chormel’s father, his son was “played like a blackboard.”
“Okay sana kung binaril mo e. E pag tapos mong paglaruan, lagyan mo ng ano yung dibdib ng bata, laslasin mo yung leeg, para sakin kahit sino, kinse anyos. Ano ba naman and laban niyan Sir?” he added.
Meanwhile, the grandmother of Carl Justine said her grandson does not deserve such kind of death even if he committed an offense.
“Kung may kasalanan yung apo ko, sana hindi naman ganun an babuyin, patayin. Hinulog pa sa dagat,” she said.
The two were last seen alive the night of January 31. They said the victims said they would just play basketball.
Chormel even hugged and said “I love you” to his father before leaving their house.
The family is blank on the reason why the two teenagers, who have known each other for a long time, were brutally killed. Justice is their call.