Chiong sisters case update: convicted rapist-killers released says Lacson, last Friday.
Senator Panfilo Lacson revealed that those convicted of rape and murder of 21-year old Jacqueline and 23-year old Marijoy Chiong were released from prison due to Good Conduct Time Allowance (GCTA) Law.
However, the senator said that the Bureau of Corrections Chief Nicanor Faeldon did not sign the order. He further revealed the signatory as correctional technical superintendent at the BuCor.
Lacson said in a DZBB interview, “Na-release na rin yan (suspects in Chiong sisters rape-slay) pero ang nakapirma roon iba. Hindi mismong si [Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) Director] Nicanor Faeldon ang nakapirma. Ang balita ko a certain Marquez ang nagpirma roon (They have been released, although I learned that the release papers were not signed by Bureau of Corrections Director Faeldon, but by a certain Marquez).”
“Pero ang may authority magpirma ng release order ay ang director ng BuCor. Ngayon kung sino man ang pipirma na underling, subaltern or sinumang assistant doon, ang ultimate responsibility pa rin, ang director (Only the BuCor director has the authority to release inmates),” Lacson added.
On August 29, BuCor legal division chief Fredric Anthony Santos neither denied nor confirmed the said convicts’ release.
Chiong sisters case update: Mrs. Chiong challenges BuCor
Mrs. Thelma Chiong dared BuCor on Saturday to present the alleged released prisoners who raped and killed her daughters.
“Who would want the killers of her daughters go out of prison? They didn’t even inform me that there were plans to release three of the convicts in my daughters’ death. That’s difficult to accept,” Chiong said.
It was only last week when Chiong sisters’ parents got devastated over convicts’ possible early release.