Chinese man observed for coronavirus at San Lazaro hospital dies

ADVERTISING

An official from San Lazaro Hospital confirmed that the Chinese man who was confined and under observation for coronavirus died this morning, Wednesday.

Dr. Edmundo Lopez, director of San Lazaro hospital, said in the Department of Health Facebook Live press briefing on the updated of coronavirus in the Philippines, confirmed the information.

ADVERTISING

Lopez said the 29-year-old man died early this morning at around 7 am. He said the patient was admitted at the hospital on Monday and was from Yunnan, China.

The director said specimens from the deceased were already taken and were sent to laboratories for testing.

Also read: Has Coronavirus Moved Into The Philippines? Recognise the Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment

ADVERTISING

Chinese man observed for coronavirus at San Lazaro hospital dies

Lopez said the patient’s cause of death was pneumonia.

He also explained that the Chinese man presented various symptoms when he was admitted at San Lazaro. He said the patient had lesions, swollen lymph nodes, lung disease, and anal warts.

Lopez said the Chinese national tested positive twice for HIV or (human immunodeficiency virus) screening. They are now waiting for the confirmatory test results.

San Lazaro Hospital in Manila said Monday they were observing a Chinese couple from  China, who showed symptoms related to the 2019 novel coronavirus.

Another Chinese was also confined at the hospital due to flu-like symptoms on Monday but was diagnosed to have chickenpox or varicella.

“Only two po so far that were investigated. Yung third (the third one) po was assessed and had varicella po,” Hospital spokesman Dr. Ferdinand De Guzman said.

ADVERTISING