Cellphone charger exploded, ex-security guard dead

ADVERTISING

A former security guard died when he got electrocuted after his cellphone charger exploded in the town of Lal-lo, Cagayan, according to reports yesterday.

The deceased was identified as Rogelio Fontiveros, 57, and a resident of Brgy. Centro, Lal-lo of the said province.

ADVERTISING

It was learned that his sister Virginia Hermosora visited the victim in his house when their brother abroad was not able to contact the victim’s cellphone since Friday night.

However, Virginia was shocked when she discovered the lifeless and already decaying body of his brother at his room, around 1:45 p.m. on Sunday.

According to the Dra. Visitacion Pablo’s evaluation, the victim died after he got electrocuted by his cellphone charger which exploded. Authorities found the charger plugged in an extension wire inside the victim’s room.

ADVERTISING

How to avoid cellphone and charger explosion

There are many recorded incidents of cellphones and chargers exploding. Below are quick tips to prevent such accident:

  • Buy original charger and cellphone. The imitations were mostly cheap and had low quality and can overheat quickly.
  • Do not use your phone while charging.
  • Check your outlet for any damage before charging.
  • Keep it dry and cool. Don’t charge anywhere near a water source such as your kitchen and in your bathroom to avoid electrocution.

Also read: Neighbor kills lady for laughing at cellphone video

ADVERTISING