Call center agent found dead inside Laguna motel


A female call center agent was found dead inside a motel in Biñan, Laguna, Wednesday.

The “Unang Balita” report on Wednesday identified the victim as Crisanta Magadia, a call center agent, according to police.


The CCTV footage of the motel showed Magadia entering with her ex-boyfriend identified as Rusco Alve, the report said.

The footage also showed Alve leaving the motel in Laguna with a bag at around 1 am.

The room attendant knocked on the room of the two around three in the morning. They then discovered Magadia’s lifeless body with a blanket wrapped around her neck.


Magadia’s family is determined to file a case against the suspect.

Ex-mayor of Apayao town shot dead

Police reported Wednesday that the former mayor of Flora, Apayao, was shot dead on Tuesday night.

According to Camp Crame, the victim was identified as Richard De San Jose, who is currently the Indigenous People Minority representative of Flora town.

Police said the victim was having a drinking session with some construction workers in a grill house along Sampaguita Street in Poblacion West when still unidentified suspects shot him at around 9 pm.

San Jose was brought to Flora District Hospital for treatment, but he was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.

Authorities are still investigating the incident.

Also read: 6 Chinese nationals, Filipino arrested for kidnapping POGO worker

LSIs in General Santos cry for help

Locally stranded individuals (LSIs) from Metro Manila who are now quarantined at a school in General Santos City are complaining about their current situation.

It is said that since July 8, when they arrived from Manila, their health has rarely been checked, according to a report by Darlene Cay in Unang Balita on Wednesday.

It is also said that the delivery of food was delayed, and they were together in an unobstructed classroom.

They have been swab tested twice but have not received results.

They have been quarantined for 21 days according to the data gathered by GMA News.

They are afraid of having a COVID-19, especially since other LSIs are coming from Metro Manila.

This past week, many tested positive for COVID-19 in General Santos City, including some quarantined LSIs.