Cagayan provincial government suspends the work of its employees today, November 18, due to tropical storm Ramon.
Effective at 2:00 pm, Monday, Nov. 18, government employees of Cagayan may go home to prepare for the damages tropical storm “Ramon” could bring the province.
The suspension does not cover disaster responders.
“Ramon” is expected to hit the Northern Cagayan coast between Monday night and Tuesday morning.
According to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA), severe weather bulletin In a bulletin issued 8 am on Monday, “Ramon” is moving Northwest at 10 kph with a maximum sustained winds of 85 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 105 kph.
At 7:00 AM today, the center of Tropical Storm “Ramon” was estimated based on all available data, including Benguet and Daet Doppler Radars, at 190 km East of Tuguegarao City, Cagayan (17.5 °N, 123.5 °E ).
Signal No. 2 (winds of 61 km/h to 120 km/h)
- Cagayan, including Babuyan Group of Islands
- the northern part of Isabela (Sta Maria, San Pablo, Maconacon, Cabagan, Sto Tomas, Quezon, Delfin Albano, Tumauini, Divilacan)
- 24 Hour(Tomorrow morning): In the vicinity of Abulug, Cagayan(18.4°N, 121.4°E)
- 48 Hour(Wednesday morning):190 km Northwest of Iba, Zambales(16.3°N, 118.5°E)
- 72 Hour(Thursday morning): 870 km West Southwest of Dagupan City, Pangasinan (OUTSIDE PAR)(12.4°N, 113.2°E)
Meanwhile, as of 7 am today, a new Low Pressure Area (LPA) outside the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) was estimated at 1,725 km East of Eastern Visayas (10.6°N, 141.5°E). This weather disturbance is forecast to enter the PAR within 24 hours and is being monitored for potential tropical cyclone development.