Bloggers and filmmakers earning from online advertisements are required by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) to register.
BIR released the list of online business owners and merchants that are required to register to the taxman. It also ordered its more than 120 revenue district officers (RDOs) nationwide to issue a certificate of registration in a day or two after digital sellers of goods and services submit their applications.
According to BIR, there are about six million big, medium, and minimal digital merchants operating nationwide.
BIR Deputy Commissioner for Operations Arnel Guballa said the following digital merchants are required to register:
- e-Commerce platform providers
- Internet retailers of consumer goods
- Digital service, membership, and subscription
- Digital transaction through the use of electronic platforms and media
- Online blogging, filmmakers earning from advertising gained from their online channels
- Ride-hailing services for food, transportation, delivery, or merchandise.
“Submission of the application, payment, and release of the papers shall be done at the same counter reserved for senior citizens, and persons with disabilities,” Revenue Memorandum Order No. 30-2020, signed by Guballa stated.
The registration fee is ₱500, plus ₱30 for documentary stamp tax.
Guballa reiterated that only online businesses earning more than ₱250,000 per year would be required to pay income tax.
BIR requires online filmmakers, bloggers to register
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a Blogger is Php 21,218 per month in the Philippines. Salary estimates are based on 13 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Blogger employees, users, and collected from past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 36 months.
The Remit.com said the following are the top-earning Filipino Youtube bloggers:
- Raffy Tulfo in Action (6,486,660 subscribers)- Estimated Monthly Income: P3,270,000 – P50,000,000
- Guava Juice/Roi Fabito (14,339,826 subscribers)- Estimated Monthly Income: P1,645,000 – P26,310,000
- Ja Mill (6,323,249 subscribers)- Estimated Monthly Income: P830,000 – 13,270,000
- Niana Guerrero (7,829,526 subscribers)- Estimated Monthly Income: P320,000 – P5,120,000
- Ranz Kyle (9,235,399 subscribers)- Estimated Monthly Income: P310,000 – P4,990,000
- Bretman Rock (6,585,144 subscribers)- Estimated Monthly Income: P255,000 – P4,115,000
- Keith Talens (1,220,923 subscribers)- Estimated Monthly Income: P185,000 – P2,965,000
- Alex Gonzaga (4,334,151 subscribers)- Estimated Monthly Income: P185,000 – P2,955,000
- Michelle Dy (2,303,515 subscribers)- Estimated Monthly Income: P95,000 – P1,530,000
- Lloyd Café Cadena VLOGS (1,924,622 subscribers)- Estimated Monthly Income: P95,000 – P1,505,000