Bato congratulates new PNP chief Sinas

Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa on Monday congratulated Police Major General Debold Sinas, who was appointed as the new Philippine National Police chief.

“Congratulations and good luck! May the force be with you!” Dela Rosa, a former PNP chief, greeted Sinas in a text message to GMA News Online.

Sinas should “continue the internal cleansing program and sustain the gains of the PNP’s anti- and anti-criminality campaign,” he added.

Sinas was a “good choice” and had a “proven track record,” according to Dela Rosa. He added that “nobody is perfect in this world.”

Presidential Spokesperson announced Monday that President Rodrigo  named Metro Manila police chief Major General  as the new  PNP chief.

Sinas will take over Gen. Camilo Cascolan’s position on November 10, Roque said. The incumbent  will retire on Tuesday at the age of 56.

In May, Sinas apologized for his “mañanit” birthday celebration that allegedly violated the protocols on mass gathering and amid the enhanced community quarantine.

In July, the next PNP chief was also involved in another controversy when he allegedly threatened a family of a retired cop to move out of their home within the campgrounds.

Also read: Sinas: Respect solemnity of Holy Mass, find appropriate place to air grievances

Bato congratulates new PNP chief Sinas

Duterte, meanwhile, also defended Sinas and refused to remove him from his position as National Capital Region Police Office chief.

“He is a good officer, he’s an honest one. Hindi niya kasalanan kung may mangharana sa kanya sa birthday niya,” the President said.

Meanwhile, Senator Francis “Kiko,” Pangilinan said the President’s decision to make Sinas as the new PNP chief was not surprising at all.

“With all due respect, hindi na sorpresa na ang mga kakampi o kaalyado na nasasangkot sa mga kaso o katiwalian ay hindi pinaparasuhan, kinukunsinti o ‘di kaya ay promoted pa,” he said.

Pangilinan claimed Duterte also favored former commissioners Nicanor Faeldon and Isidro Lapeña and Health Secretary Francisco Duque III, who had been allegedly involved in various controversies.

Sinas is set to retire in May 2021 when he turns 56.