Department of Tourism said in leisure establishments such as cafes, bars, and spas around hotels would be allowed in areas under modified general quarantine or MGCQ.
DOT released Administrative Order 2020-002 entitled “Guidelines on the Operations of Hotels and other Accommodation Establishments under a Community Quarantine.”
Accommodation establishments may undertake normal operations under MGCQ and may accommodate bookings of all guests, whether for work or leisure, provided that services shall be 50% Operational Capacity only.
Ancillary establishments within the premises, such as restaurants, cafes, bars, gyms, spas, and the like shall be allowed to operate 50% Operational Capacity only.
Accommodation establishments under MGCQ zones shall retain a Skeleton Workforce, which may or may not comprise of In House Staff.
In its operations, Accommodation establishments under MGCQ shall ensure compliance with issuance and guidelines on Minimum Public Health Standards.
Guidelines for MECQ areas
Accommodation establishments in areas under MECQ are allowed to accommodate only the following:
- Guests who had existing bookings or reservations under any accommodation establishment within Luzon as of March 17, 2020, and outside Luzon as of May 1, 2020;
- Foreign Guests who are transiting through or are otherwise temporarily staying in the Philippines for a short period and will leave the country;
- Long staying guests;
- Distressed OFWs;
- Repatriated OFWs in compliance with approved quarantine protocols;
- Non-OFWs who may be required to undergo mandatory facility-based quarantine;
- Stranded passengers
- Employees of agencies and instrumentalities of the Government, including GOCCs and LGUs, especially health and emergency frontline, border control, and other critical services workers; and
- Health care workers and other employees from establishments that are allowed to operate during the MECQ pursuant to the IATF Omnibus Guidelines; provided that their place of work is located within the MECQ economic zone.
Bookings related to leisure travel are still prohibited for areas under MECQ and GCQ.
“All accommodation establishments that intend to commence commercial operations in the community quarantine zones, whether for the accommodation of guests or operation of in-house food facilities for take-out or delivery services, shall secure a DOT Certificate of Authority to Operate prior to any operations,” the DOT said.