Australian child abuse Peter Scully has been sentenced to life three years after he was arrested for sexually abusing at least eight girls, including an 18-month-old infant.
A regional trial court in Cagayan de Oro City today (Wednesday, June 13) found the 55 year old guilty of one count of qualified trafficking and five counts of rape.
At the same time, Judge Jose Escobido convicted Scully’s Filipina girlfriend Carme Ann Alvarez for the abuse of two minors.
Scully, notorious for the “Destruction of Daisy”, a series of vile videos showing young girls being sexually and physically abused, was arrested in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon, in February 2015.
He was charged with 75 cases of sexual assault and trafficking of Filipino children.
Scully had previously fled from Australia to the Philippines to escape fraud charges in 2011.
The NBI said he set up his cybersex operations in the southern Philippines, using offers of food and money to lure children into being abused by him. He then conducted a lucrative trade selling the footage to overseas perverts.
In 2015, one of Scully’s victims, a 13-year old girl, told officials she was hired as a domestic worker in Scully’s rented apartment in Malaybalay City but was then forced to perform sexual acts with other girls.
“They told me they had to take pictures of me naked because there was an American who really wanted to see me naked… and because the American will pay a large amount,” she said.
Scully also strangled one of the girls to death after she had been grotesquely tortured. Her skeleton was later discovered buried under a house he had rented.
He is still facing 69 other charges which includes eight counts of qualified trafficking in persons committed by a syndicate, five counts of syndicated child pornography, nine counts of child abuse, five counts of indecent shows, obscene exhibitions and publications, four counts of child pornography, 25 counts of photo and video voyeurism and 13 counts of rape.