Davao Region Department of Tourism director, Robert Alaadao said only a small event with several foreign delegates was cancelled over the time period of the Mamasapano clash on the island of Mindanao.
Other then the one recorded cancellation, Alabado said the event and hotel booking within the city was normal.
“So that says a lot,” Alabado told reporters at the City Council on last Tuesday.
He said the cancelled event was a meeting of just 10 foreigners – he refused to give other details as to why they cancelled.
Alabado also said big events are being held in Davao on the premise that the city is one of the safest cities in the world – as of last year Davao was listed as the 4th safest city around the globe.
“It is business as usual for us. Our campaign is to show that Davao region is very safe,” Alabado said.
The DOT-Davao is promoting the Visit Davao Fun Sale, which will be held for seven weekends starting April 7.
Latest posts by Timothy Walker (see all)
- Fil-Am and American turn themselves in on drug run in US - November 7, 2017
- Philippines suspends Uber, Grab vehicle registrations as backlog mounts - November 7, 2017
- Mad, bad or misunderstood? What is Kim Jong Un really thinking? - August 28, 2017