95-year-old grandpa survives COVID-19 in Mandaluyong

ADVERTISING

A 95-year-old grandfather in City fought and survived resisted coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), which is said to have a more severe effect on the elderly.

In an interview with Dobol B on News TV on Monday, Grandpa Cresencio Junio ​​thanked the health workers who took care of him at Mandaluyong City Medical Center.

ADVERTISING

“Maraming salamat sa pag-aalaga sa akin [Thank you for taking care of me],” said Lolo Cresencio.

According to her daughter Rosalina, they took Grandpa Cresencio to the hospital just to replace his catheter. However, they were advised to bring their father to the emergency room.

“Ang balak lang po namin, papapalitan lang ng catheter kasi medyo pula na po ‘yung ihi niya. Nagpa-ambulance kami. Pina-ER na po doon si Papa,” said Rosalina.

ADVERTISING

(Our original plan is for his catheter to be replaced because his urine is a bit red. We used an ambulance. They placed Papa in the ER.)

At first diagnosis, Grandfather Cresencio appeared to have a urinary tract infection (UTI) and pneumonia. He later took the COVID-19 test.

“After six days, nag-positive po siya [after six days, he tested positive],” said Rosalina.

After two weeks of caring for Grandpa Cresencio in the hospital, he, along with another of his children, were re-examined for the virus.

Nag-negative na rin po sila parehas [they both tested negative],” Rosalina said.

According to Rosalina, they may have experienced discrimination from their neighbors because Grandpa Cresencio has been infected with COVID-19 but they accepted it.

On Saturday, Mandaluyong Mayor Menchi Abalos shared the news of Cresencio’s recovery from COVID-19 on Facebook.

In the photos uploaded by Abalos, Lolo Cresencio can be seen walking out of the hospital in a wheelchair guided by a health worker.

Grandfather Cresencio holds the paper and says: “I’m a 95 y / o COVID survivor!”

Last week, two senior citizens also recovered from the pandemic virus in Nueva Ecija, its governor reported.

Governor Aurelio Umali, said Patient 653, a 65-year-old female and Patient 654, a 62-year-old female, both from Barangay San Roque, tested positive for COVID-19 on March 27.

“They were brought to the hospital but were advised to undergo home quarantine. But even though they already recovered, the two were strictly advised to stay home,” he said.

Also read: 10 arrested for watching alleged cockfight in Mandaluyong

ADVERTISING