9 Japanese fugitives wanted for telco fraud deported

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) deported on Thursday 9 Japanese fugitives wanted in Tokyo for telecommunications fraud.

The fugitives left for Narita via Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 1, and were escorted by Japanese police.

Those deported were identified as Matsuoka Shunjiro, Haga Kenji, Yoshizawa Shinichi, Takeda Tasuya, Araki Toshiya, Ogawa Takuma, Hiramura Takashi, Kiya Yasuke, and Ichimura Shuichi.

The 9 are reportedly part of a syndicate involved in telecom fraud and extortion, who were arrested in a hotel in Makati City November 2019 by the ’s Fugitive Search Unit. The arrest initially targeted two fugitives, but the operation yielded another 34 who were caught in the act of engaging their modus.

“They were involved in voice phishing and telephone fraud operations that targeted Japanese,” said Commissioner Jaime Morente.

Japanese authorities likewise reported that the gang defrauded heir victims of roughly two billion yen, equivalent to about a billion pesos, causing significant damage to Japanese society.

A group of 10 gang members were deported earlier this month to face their crimes in Tokyo.

9 Japanese fugitives wanted for telco fraud deported

Morente said the fugitives have been placed in the ’s blacklist, hence barring their return to the country.

Early this month, also deported a  national convicted of  and sex crimes in his country.

Commissioner Jaime Morente said 44-year-old Waleed Abdulla Hamad Alsendi, boarded a Gulf Air flight to his country shortly after noon on Friday, and was accompanied on his flight by three Bahraini police escorts who came here to fetch him.

Morente said the alien was expelled pursuant to a summary  order that the BI Board of Commissioners issued against him.

The Board also ordered that Alsendi be placed in the BI Blacklist to prevent him from re-entering the Philippines.

Records showed that operatives from the BI’s Fugitive Search Unit (FSU) arrested Alsendi at his residence in Dasmariñas, Cavite last February 23 on the strength of a mission order that Morente issued in response to the request of Bahraini authorities.

He is also a subject of an  red notice that was issued two years ago.

Visit our Facebook page for more  updates.