The death toll has increased amid the ravages of Tropical Storm Dante in various parts of the Philippines, now that it has landfalled five times.
According to the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) latest report on Wednesday, up to three people have died in the height of the inclement weather.
Around 10 a.m., when PAGASA spotted the typhoon’s eye in the northwestern coastal waters of Romblon, Romblon as it hit the east coast of Oriental Mindoro.
“A total of 566 families or 2,642 persons were affected in 18 barangays in Region XI and III,” said NDRRMC earlier.
“Of which, 158 families or 604 persons are currently taking temporary shelters in ten (10) evacuation centers).
Up to 96 families or 351 people have been subjected to pre-emptive evacuation in Bicol, Central Visayas, and Eastern Visayas.
The typhoon damaged four households as it passed through the Davao Region: two partially damaged and two destroyed.
Farmers and their crops, such as rice and corn, are also affected by Dante.
“A total amount of P7.93 million worth of damage affecting 442 farmers with 349 hectares of agricultural areas and volume of production loss at 220 metric tons [was reported],” said NDRRMC
3 people dead in typhoon Dante
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal no. 2 were raised in the following areas due to Dante:
- Extreme portion of Capiz, including Roxas City, Pilar, Ivisan, Panay, and Sapi-an
- Northern portion of Aklan including Batan, New Washington, Kalibo, Numancia, Nabas, Ibajay, Tangalan, Makato, and Malay
- Extreme northern portion of Iloilo, including Balasan, Carles, Estancia and Batad
- Southern portion of Quezon including Tagkawayan, Sariaya, Lucena City, Pagbilao, Padre Burgos, Agdangan, Unisan, Atimonan, Plaridel, Gumaca, Pitogo, Lopez, Calauag, Guinayangan, Catanauan, General Luna, Macalelon, Buenavista, San Narciso, San Andres, San Francisco, Mulanay, Quezon, Perez, Alabat
- Extreme southeastern portion of Batangas, including San Juan, Lobo
- Central portion of Oriental Mindoro including. City of Calapan, Naujan, Pola, Victoria, Socorro, Pinamalayan, Gloria, Bansud, Bongabong, and Roxas
- Western portion of Camarines Norte, including Jose Panganiban, Labo, Paracale, Capalonga, Santa Elena, and
- Western portion of Camarines Sur including Del Gallego, Ragay, Lupi, Sipocot, Libmanan, Pasacao, Pamplona, San Fernando