2 Pinoys confirmed dead on collapsed Taiwan bridge

ADVERTISING

Two of the three Pinoys reported missing were now confirmed dead after a bridge collapsed in Nanfang-ao, Yilan County, Taiwan on Tuesday morning.

They were identified as Andree Abregana Serencio and George Jagmis Impang. Another Pinoy is still missing and being searched until now.

ADVERTISING

In connection with this, DOLE said the government would assist in the repatriation of victims’ remains and the processing of benefits and entitlements for their bereaved families.

According to reports, Impang was an active member of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), and his family will get all of his benefits.

Meanwhile, Serencio has been an inactive member of OWWA since 2017, so he has no insurance, but officials will determine what other benefits his family may receive.

ADVERTISING

It was reported earlier that three Pinoy workers were trapped and missing along with three others when the Taiwan bridge collapsed.

Five more Filipinos were among the at least 12 injured in the incident. Three of the Pinoys were already sent home according to the Manila Economic and Cultural Office (MECO), the country’s representative office in Taiwan.

Meanwhile, transport minister Lin Chia-lung said, “Recent weather conditions, earthquakes, and past assessments of the bridge will be taken into considerations. We will fully cooperate with the investigation.”

Watch how the Taiwan arch bridge collapsed here.

ADVERTISING