2 improvised explosive devices seized in Samar

The military recovered two improvised explosive devices at the border of Barangay Parasanon and Barangay Pelaon in Pinabacdao, Samar.

According to the report, troopers obtained the with blasting caps and wires on Monday morning with the help of residents who provided them with information on where the explosives were located.

Members of the 46th Infantry Battalion immediately located the area and confirmed the improvised explosive devices.

Soldiers thanked the residents for providing information early, and a disaster in the event of an explosion was prevented.

Also read: Suspect for killing, peeling face of Christine Silawan found dead in jail

1 dead, 1 injured after suspected NPAs in Palawan

A civilian worker was killed while a member of the CAFGU was wounded in the attack by alleged members of the rebel group New People’s Army at a provincial government water project in Sitio Mantayob, Barangay Bunog, on Thursday morning.

“Nakakuha po tayo ng balitang ganiyan na pag-atake na naman ng ating mga communist sa isang CAA detachment sa Sitio Mantayob sa Bunog, Rizal, ngayong araw lang po nagsimula ng 5:30 (ng umaga) at nagkaroon po ng harassment doon din sa CAA detachment po,” Armed Forces of the Philippines Western Command spokesman Col. Stephen Penetrante said.

(We received and information that the communist terrorist group attacked again in a CAA detachment in Sitio Mantayob, Barangay Bunog, Rizal, today at 5:30 am. Harassment happened in the CAA detachment.)

The gunfire lasted for three to six minutes, resulting in the death of civilian Heprey Abilla and the death of Abdul Raman.

Authorities immediately conducted a hot pursuit operation against the group. Although the number of insurgents was not specific, it was clear that a member of the group was wounded.

“Malaki po ang posibilidad, nakita po ng ating operatives at saka ng ating mga personnel na may mga wounded sa kanila,” added Penetrante.

(There’s a huge possibility, our operatives and personnel saw they are wounded.)

The wounded CAFGU was taken to the medical center of the 18th Special Forces Company, while operatives are still looking after the remains of the civilian.

Western Command strongly condemned the attack in the middle of a .

They make sure that the public has nothing to worry about and that the perpetrators of the incident would be held responsible.