12-year-old dies of accident while being chased by barangay guards

A boy who was said to have hit his head after falling on the cement when chased by barangay guards in City died, according to a report yesterday.

Based on the spot report sent to Pasay City Police Station chief, P/Colonel Paday-os, the victim was identified as John Dave Pepito y Laureano, 12-years-old, resident of No. 164 Rosas St., Maricaban, Pasay City.

The incident occurred around 3:40 p.m. on April 14 in St. Louis. Peter St., corner Mulawin St., in Barangay 179, Pasay City.

According to the Pasay City Police Station, they received information yesterday that the incident of the child’s had gone viral on social media due to the chase of the guards. The group of P/Lt. Dennis Desalisa immediately launched an investigation into the incident.

They immediately went to the funeral homes and tried to talk to the victim’s parents but failed to meet them.

In the barangay logbook, it was found that guards Relan Maquiling and Arturo Rontos received a complaint that minors were playing in the street so the barangay guards responded immediately.

According to peanut vendor Jaylord Mabolay, he saw barangay guards Maquiling and Rontos chasing the victim until the latter allegedly fell on the paved road and lost consciousness.

12-year-old dies of accident while being chased by barangay guards

The two guards also rushed the victim to the San Pablo Health Center, in Maricaban Pasay and transferred him to Protacio Hospital in Tambo, Parañaque where he was declared dead-on-arrival by Dra Jade Ajero.

Copies of the CCTV footage of Brgy 179 were obtained as part of the investigation are still being studied.

Last week, 2 barangay tanods or guards in Calamba, Laguna allegedly beat a curfew violator who eventually died.

Ernanie Jimenez died on Friday after allegedly being beaten by some guards of Barangay Turbina.

This is not the first time someone has died violating the curfew, which was imposed amid restrictions triggered by the kick-off of  cases in Metro Manila and neighboring provinces.

Recently, a curfew violator was allegedly killed in General Trias, Cavite due to intense that the police ordered him to do as punishment.