11 Chinese, 1 Filipina arrested in drug buy-bust

ADVERTISING

Authorities arrested 11 Chinese nationals and one Filipina in separate drug buy-bust operations in Manila and Parañaque on Tuesday.

Eight male Chinese POGO workers and a Filipino were first arrested in a hotel room on Del Pilar Street in Ermita after a delivery rider reported to Paco Police that a suspicious package from Alabang, Muntinlupa had been delivered to the suspects.

ADVERTISING

Police confirmed that the drugs were in the package and carried out the operation. They then accompanied the delivery rider to the hotel. When the suspect reached for the package, the police immediately grabbed the recipient. Authorities also found that there was a drug session inside the room.

They seized several firearms and 16 grams of suspected shabu with a street value of P108,800 during the drug buy-bust operation.

In another Ermita police operation, three Chinese were arrested in the buy-bust operation at Dr. Arcadio Santos and Old Sucat Road in Parañaque.

ADVERTISING

The police seized 25 grams of suspected shabu worth P170,000 from the suspects.

Also read: ‘Hospital’ for Chinese nationals with COVID-19 raided in Pampanga


Davao offers assistance to employees of closed businesses

When the third relief distribution is completed in Davao City, employees of businesses that have yet to open under the city’s general community quarantine will be granted the next grant, Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio said Tuesday.

Duterte-Carpio said in a statement on Davao City disaster radio that they would focus on the need for employees in businesses not yet allowed to open under GCQ.

Based on the guidelines of the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases, establishments such as gyms, fitness studios, sports facilities, karaoke bars, comedy bars, kid amusement industries, playrooms, libraries, museums, zoos, cannot open. Tourist destinations, travel agencies, tour sites, cockpits, casinos, massage parlors, and other commonly visited people and contacts are also prohibited from operating. 

She urged all employers in such businesses to send a letter to the local government for listing their employees.

The mayor again informed the Dabawenyos that the best protection against COVID-19 was to stay at home.

According to the Davao Region Department of Health’s latest report, there are 200 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Davao City.

ADVERTISING