101 residents of Oriental Mindoro tested positive in antigen

Up to 101 passengers tested positive in the antigen test at Calapan Port in Oriental Mindoro, according to the local government.

About 1,300 residents of Oriental Mindoro who returned to the province because they lost their jobs were given free antigen tests on September 4 and 5, according to a statement from the provincial information office on Tuesday.

Another 500 will be given free antigen testing in their homes, it added.

The 101 who tested positive in antigen will be taken to the facilities of their local government unit for quarantine, according to the PIO.

Apart from the free antigen test, the Provincial Government also provided free breakfast, lunch, and even dinner to residents who returned home according to the time of their arrival at the Calapan City pier.

It will be recalled. Before Gov. Bonz Dolor the Executive Order No. 41, the governor announced on his FB live on August 31 that all those who lost their jobs from July 15 to August who wants to return home to the province will be allowed to return home on the dates of September 4-5 even without a Negative RTPCR test or full vaccination.

Starting September 6, they will return to the previous requirements (Negative RTPCR or Fully Vaccinated Card) to return to the province.

Meanwhile, no passengers were stranded at Calapan Port due to typhoon Jolina, but there was a queue of trucks, according to port manager Leo Romero.

“Wala naman pong stranded dahil maaga pa sila’y naabisuhan,” he told Teleradyo.

“Simula alas-3 ng madaling araw, malakas ang hangin at malakas ang ulan. Wala pa naman po so far kaming naa-assess (na damage) dahil kalakasan ang hangin at bagyo.”


Some churches in Metro Manila were confused by the sudden change of quarantine level

This Wednesday would be the first day that churches in Metro Manila will open mass for the public after a month.

But because the government withdrew its announcement that it would place NCR under general community quarantine, religious gatherings in Metro Manila were banned again.

It is still the birthday of the Virgin Mary so many churches would have prepared for the return of people inside the church.

In fact, many parishes have already posted on social media recently that they can re-enter the church in limited capacity starting Wednesday.

Many parishes were saddened.

Paco Church in Manila said that the public masses would not continue today until the IATF’s decision is correct due to the government’s erratic decision.

The message of the Basilica Minore de San Pedro Bautista in Quezon City, Sta. Cruz Church in Manila, Most Holy Redeemer Church in Masambong is the same.

Visit our Facebook page for more news updates.