Indian tourists visiting the Philippines for up to 14 days no longer need to secure a visa to enter the country.
The Bureau of Immigration issued a memorandum granting visa-free entry into the Philippines for all Indian nationals who are visiting the country for tourism purposes. The visa-free entry is for a total of 14 days only, provided they possess the following:
- Valid and current visa for the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Singapore or Schengen
- A Permanent residency permit for the same countries
- National passport valid for at least six months beyond the extended stay period
- A return ticket to the next country of destination
- No derogatory record with the Bureau of Immigration
The visa-free entry may be extended by seven days for a maximum stay of 21 days.
The visa-free entry can be availed at the port of entry to the country and is no longer required before departing their homeland or other foreign lands. Indian nationals may also use the visa-free entry at any seaport as well.