Police are looking into a possible connection with a milk tea stand in Bustillos Street, Manila and the death of two people.
The owner of Ergo CHA Milk Tea stand and a female customer are dead after consuming what appears to be a poisoned milk tea.
The female customer’s boyfriend remains in hospital.
The owner of the stand is 57-year-old William Abrigo. He died several hours after drinking a tea which he was consuming with 28-year-old Suzanne Dagoho and 34-year-old Arnold Aydalla. Dagoho was declared dead on arrival at hospital.
A helper at Ergo CHA said they had started receiving complaints about their milk tea after a son of Abrigo brought in a chemical, but added he did not know what it was, prompting investigators to suspect the milk tea might have been contaminated.