The Department of Justice has offered a 500,000-peso bounty against Cebu-based suspected drug lord Peter Lim.
Speaking today (Friday, September 14), Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said: “The government is also ready to give a reward of 500,000 pesos to anyone who can give information on the exact whereabouts of accused Peter Go Lim, provided that such information will lead to the actual arrest of said fugitive.”
The DOJ offered the bounty after law enforcement authorities have yet to find the “businessman” who is allegedly one of the top drug lords in the Visayas.
“The DOJ warns persons coddling Peter Go Lim, who has been indicted for conspiracy to trade in illegal drugs, that they will be prosecuted for obstruction of justice and punished accordingly,” Guevarra added.
An arrest warrant and a ‘hold departure order’ — which bars him from leaving the country — were issued last month.
The DOJ has filed two counts of the non-bailable offence of conspiracy to commit illegal drug trade in violation of Section 26(b) in relation to Section 5, Article II of Republic Act 9165, the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
Aside from Lim, those who have been named as his co-accused include self-confessed drug lord Rolan “Kerwin” Espinosa, Espinosa’s associate Marcelo Adroco and Ruel Malindangan.
Both Espinosa and Adorco are in government custody, but Malindangan is at large and also the subject of an arrest warrant.
Espinosa, Adorco, and Malindangan are also facing two counts of conspiracy to commit illegal drug trade at the Manila RTC and Makati RTC, along with convicted drug lord Peter Co and alleged drug supplier Lovely Impal.
A hearing for Lim’s co-accused was supposed to continue today, but was canceled due to the approach of typhoon Ompong.
Follow our Facebook page for daily news updates