Bureau of Immigration (BI) chief, Raul Medina is saying he is being trapped in a “demolition job” by a syndicate and its members after feeding lies to the media that he himself [Medina] is demanding 75,000 peso from overstaying Chinese people so they can ‘breeze through’ the BI departure area at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport terminals.
Medina has said that he has been informed of the accusation by “concerned workmates” and even members of the Chinese community that the so called ‘syndicate’ is persistent in their goal to have him removed from office.
The BI chief also says they are trying to undermine his abilities, so that the so called ‘syndicate’ can continue their illegal activities. Medina has vowed to keep up the ‘high standards’ set by Customs Commissioner Siegred Mison to stop syndicates involved in fake extensions, arrivals and departure stamps and visas.
The only noted news found on anything that relates to the so called ‘syndicate’ is on February 17th, 2015 when six Chinese people tried to check-in at the counter of China Airlines at NAIA. The men sensed they were being monitored and panicked, leaving behind their luggage etc.
When officials nabbed the men and checked them out, two of them had no travel documents while several others had been in the country since 2006 and 2011, again, without the correct stamps etc.
Also on February 9, 2015 – the Chinese people tried to leave the country with fake travel documents – they were nabbed and deported.