One of my favourite dishes of all times, beef Thai green curry. This dish is a great hit in the Philippines, as it is anywhere in the world.
- 1 pack Kanokwan green curry paste (roughly 3 1/2 tbsp)
- 1 can coconut milk (400 ml)
- 750 grams sirloin beef strips
- 1 cup water
- 4 kaffirlime leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup (packed) thai basil (or sweet basil)
- 1 red long pepper, sliced
- 1 round eggplant, sliced
- In a medium-sized pan – pour half can of coconut milk – Stir continuously and bring to boil
- Add green curry paste and dissolve completely – Keep stirring until oil starts to form on the surface
- Add meat and stir until meat is cooked
- Add water – simmer until meat is tender – Turn fire to low, cover pan, and check every few minutes to stir – Keep simmer at low until “sauce” is reduced or thick – Approximately 30 mins.
- Add remaining 1/2 can of coconut milk – Stir until oil appears on top
- Add salt to taste