Everybody loves leche flan, but what about Creamy Caramel Flan?
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup of caster sugar
- 440 gram can of sweetened condensed milk
- 250 grams of cream cheese – softened
- 375 gram can of evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Using a small, heavy sauce pan – turn stove on medium-low heat – add sugar and stir till golden brown – Pour into round baking dish (approx. 25cm) – tilt the dish back and forth till bottom and sides are coated – set aside.
- In a large bowl – beat cream cheese until smooth – add eggs one at a time and keep beating into mixture – add condensed milk and evaporated milk as well as the vanilla – beat or whip till smooth
- Pour entire content of bowl into caramel-coated dish – line a roasting pan with damp tea towel – place baking dish on tea towel inside the roasting pan – place roasting pan in oven
- Fill roasting pan with boiling water to approximately half way up the interior baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Bake content for approximately 1 hour or until center of flan is set
- Cool for 1 hour on rack – then remove and chill in refrigerator for at least 8 hours
- To un-mold – run knife around edge of pan and invert on rimmed platter
Serves 10 (best let it set overnight- enjoy!)