Philippines Latest News

Footage of Scottish man verbally abusing Cebu dentist goes viral

ToroTooth thinks…This incident happened this afternoon May 29, 2017, in Lapulapu City, Cebu when my secretary asked the Filipina girl not to park in front of the clinic since it is reserved for my patients. Her companion a certain Craig Rough a foreigner thought my secretary was saying ridiculous things to his wife, went ballistic, cursing and shouting as you can see in this video. I ran outside the office to see what happened then the angry foreigner told me " you better discipline your staff you fat fuck!", and I don't care if you take videos of me you fuck! I am not afraid!" He then proceeded to get something from his car, and who knows it might be a handgun, chakorno and some by-standers said it was a grenade. I have always been lenient with foreigners let alone people who wants to park in front of my office. My mother in law owns the building but we don't impose anything just asking nicely. I know my staff would try to ask respectfully about having to park in front of my office. What I don't like is that we are Filipinos and the only thing why I don't want to work abroad is that I will become a foreigner. His character is an insult to us! I have already contacted the proper authorities (since he is living in Brgy Basak Ibabao) and the Bureau of Immigration for his deportation. This is the video, you be the judge.

Posted by Toro Tooth on Montag, 29. Mai 2017

A Facebook video showing a Scottish man verbally abusing a Cebu dentist over a parking dispute has gone viral, sparking outrage among Filipino netizens.

Facebook user ‘Toro Tooth’ posted the 55 second clip yesterday (Monday, May 29) showing expat Colin Rough, from Aberdeen, aggressively shouting at the dentist, threatening to “put him in hospital”.

Introducing the clip, the dentist said: “This incident happened this afternoon May 29, 2017, in Lapulapu City, Cebu, when my secretary asked the Filipina girl not to park in front of the clinic since it is reserved for my patients.

“Her companion, a certain Craig Rough, a foreigner, thought my secretary was saying ridiculous things to his wife, went ballistic, cursing and shouting as you can see in this video.

“I ran outside the office to see what happened then the angry foreigner told me: ‘You better discipline your staff you fat f***!, and I don’t care if you take videos of me you f***! I am not afraid!’

“He then proceeded to get something from his car, and who knows it might be a handgun, chakorno and some by-standers said it was a grenade.

“I have always been lenient with foreigners let alone people who wants to park in front of my office. I know my staff would try to ask respectfully about having to park in front of my office.

“What I don’t like is that we are Filipinos and it happened in our own territory and the only thing I don’t want to work abroad is that I will become a foreigner. His character is an insult to us!

“I have already contacted proper authorities and the Bureau of Immigration for his deportation.

“This is the video, you be the judge.”

The footage has since been viewed thousands of times, attracting numerous outraged comments.

Many have vowed to take revenge on the expat oil worker, with some sharing screen grabs of Mr Rough’s licence plate, with messages saying “let’s hunt!”

Others have called for his arrest or immediate deportation.

PLN has contacted Mr Rough via Facebook and invited him to comment on the video. No reply has yet been forthcoming.

31 Comments on "Footage of Scottish man verbally abusing Cebu dentist goes viral"

1. This guy is obviously a lunatic.
    I hope he does get deported.
    I feel sad for the Filipina who is with him.

• The Dogs Back Wheels | June 1, 2017 at 4:07 pm |

Not sure he can be classed as a lunatic on a 55 second video, but he has made a bad error of judgement and who knows what started this.
      I’m sure he is regretting his actions at this moment. His Facebook page shows he works back home and has two children here.I think most can say they have done things that they have regretted in the past , and many may have apologized for there actions , but this now seems to be off the table as this video has gone viral.Certainly not sticking up for him as ever day is a learning curve here and we could all fall foul at any time.

• polis

2. What an asshole.
    I hope immigration picks him up.
    Then he will find out why you dont act like that in a foreign country. Obviously he has no idea.

3. Mauri Roos | May 31, 2017 at 12:13 am |

He is a shame to all expats and foreigners! He should either go home to Scotland by own will or be sent back. This kind of behavior should absolutely not be tolerated by anyone! All people, foreigners as well as other ones should behave properly. Filipinos can stay at home though but foreigners like him should be sent back home or elsewhere!

4. Scottish ignorant pig put him in jail

5. Anonymous | May 31, 2017 at 5:06 am |

i would call police and say you seen foreigner buying shabu. It would teach him a lesson about being a jerk

6. James Mcpherson | May 31, 2017 at 9:54 am |

This asshole needs to be kicked the hell out of the country and not allowed back in. Imagine a guest in your house acting like this.

7. Anonymous | May 31, 2017 at 1:32 pm |

na yawa na nuon dili taga diri singkahan lang ta yawa ning tawhana….unsa man mga dodong inyo man ning gi pa labay intawn. kita na man hinuon ibuitang sa hospital Fuck u

8. Anonymous | June 1, 2017 at 6:54 am |

i had the experienced of US Navy American who cussed locals in Leyte.He got shot in the stomach.He thinks he was untachable shit he got his ass kick. He died

9. Janette Felomino | June 1, 2017 at 7:41 am |

10. Anonymous | June 1, 2017 at 9:13 am |

inyo pa tong gikulata111 INYO MAN LANG GITAN-AW!!!

11. Russ Behne | June 1, 2017 at 3:48 pm |

Yes, that guy acted like a arschlecler, but let’s not forget what Benjamin Franklin published about such situations in ‘Poor Richard’s Almamac’:

“Arguments never could last long,
    If on one side only lay the wrong.”

The first wrong is the presumption that a business can reserve street parking in front of their business. That is not true, no one except the city legislature can make a law reserving parking, and even they cannot do so to favor a particular business – that would be blatent corruption. The only way a private person can reserve parking space is if he builds dedicated parking spaces completely on his own private property. Businesses like this dentist are notorious for building businesses without any concern for where customers can park, then they arrogantly reserve public space as though they own it.

It seems to me that this typical Filipino arrogance and casual disrespect for their own laws is what triggered the Scottish man’s inexcusable meltdown. I repeat: INEXCUSABLE. I in no way condone his behavior, but neither do I condone the bad behavior and arrogance of Filipinos who abuse their status as citizens. Being a Filipino citizen is no excuse for arrogating PUBLIC streetside parking by making up blatently false claims that it’s “reserved” for their customers.

Perhaps if Filipinos stopped being among the most self-righteously arrogant and xenophobic people on the face of the Earth, and started obeying their own laws, then bad situations like this will be less likely to occur, and there will be less obvious corruption too.

• Russ, I have lived here four years, & I have seen hundreds of PRIVATE spaces reserved for one business or another, but I have never seen a business block off public space for their parking.
      Filipinos are incredibly warm & welcoming to me. If they treat you badly, maybe there’s a reason for that which you could look into.

• … join for a walk where i live and I show you dozends of private businesses blocking off public space for their cars and teir customers. Even if with a city ordonance inh place prohibseiting such attempts even just aound the corner of our local traffic enforcers headquarter …

sorry but who gives a sh.t about any rules here ?

12. lets not put this on the country he comes from – every country produces assholes and pigs and shitheads – but many good guys as well – here we had s shithead-pig-asshole from Scotland – he moves to PH because he like the weather, the beer, the girls, the easy relaxed living and mostly friendy locals and then treats the host nation like shit – I feel sad for him

13. Unreal buy at least in the Philippines you can say the word foreigner an deport them without fear of being called racist.
    In the Uk foreigners walk all over us and if we say anything to the authoriities we are in the wrong .
    Everyone should respect the country they are in and act accordingly.
    This guy needs deporting

14. Anonymous | June 2, 2017 at 1:18 am |

Janette Felomino | June 1, 2017 at 7:41 am | Reply
    Scotty is a friend of mine, his Filipina wife attended the dentist surgery to have a tooth removed. When learning that the patient was married to a foreigner, the receptionist increased the cost of the operation by three hundred percent. His wife being used to getting scammed because of her husbands nationality paid only the amount she was originally told it would cost and walked out. The Dentist stormed out to the car park and started abusing her husband who was waiting in the car in front of the surgery while taking care of their small children. My friend told him to go to hell and that’s when the usual threats of deportation started. It made ma ashamed to be a Filipino! ……………………………… so come on, who was really in the wrong???? arrest him, deport him!! ……….. who? the dentist???????????

15. Jim Allen, I agree with Russ and completely understand what happened with the Scot. There’s always a back story and the guy just got tired of being abused by the locals and decided to stand up for himself. he was out of line, but it’s understandable.

Please don’t perpetuate the myth of filipinos being “warm and welcoming”….they are nice if you benefit them and complete assholes if you don’t. If you spoke any of the local languages, you would know the truth about the locals, and it’s not nice. It’s great you bought yourself some filipino friends, but just stop with the delusional rose-colored nonsense, as there’s potential newcomers here that might actually believe it all. Thanks.

• The Dogs Back Wheels | June 3, 2017 at 8:39 pm |

I believe young Jim is a pastor , That tells you all you need to know . Of course they are welcoming to him , they are afraid they might lose their place upstairs.

16. mitsifetsi | June 5, 2017 at 12:15 am |

I disagree with the judgement of deportation about this, there is two side story in every story.
    People dont know the real happening, they just conclude by seeing that video where its only shows the foreigner is angry & bad mounthing of what he makes angry.
    There’s a lot of Filipino also who’s taking advantage of the foreigner,sad to say but its true.
    Sometimes the pride of being Filipino is not good sometimes they use this as an excuse just to show it that nobody can fightback to those actions of being arrogant and disrespectful to the law.

That scottish deserve also to be heard his side.

17. the dentist is a wank grass

18. the dentist is a grass

19. Just thinking that if the Scottish was given same price as locals things may of been different I like visiting Phil every year but get sick of Filipino man jacking prices up they have no respect for tourism even Americans get ripped off …and there nation liberated Phil!!!…..had they have not done so then maybe Filipino man would be speaking Japanese?? The moral is just treat foreigners the same regarding prices and tourism will increase and your country will benefit !

20. Why are you scared of the truth

21. Anonymous | June 26, 2017 at 4:10 am |

I hit a trike in my truck ,it was just getting dark I came around a corner straight up the arse of a trike.The trike had no lights no brakes no license no lnsurence over loaded and was illegally on a national hi way,I had everything legal.Cost me 70000 pesos for the injured.The cost of being a foreigner in the Philippines.

• Anonymous | June 26, 2017 at 7:17 pm |

Always expect the unexpected on the roads ,although i do wonder why the hell they bother to bring out laws they have no intention of enforcing ,apart from when the is money to be made from the foreigner.Amazing that Filipinos live and work in our countries trouble free , because they know to obey the laws.

Comments are closed.